Judge MacKenzie receiving the William Schma Award for advancing Drug Treatment Courts in Michigan
Recognition and Awards
- The Paul H. Chapman Medal – for significant contributions to the improvement of justice in America, in the areas of domestic violence, drunk driving and alternative sentencing, by the Foundation for the Improvement of Justice.
- William G. Schma Achievement Award – for vision, leadership, and commitment to the Drug Treatment Court Movement, MADCP (Michigan Association of Drug Court Professionals)
- United States Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office for Victims of Crime – Certificate of Appreciation, in recognition of work on behalf of America’s crime victims.
- Judge Bob Jones Memorial Award – For significant contributions to judicial education, American Judges Association
- Heart of Haven Award – for creative efforts to end domestic violence, Haven (Help Against Violence Encounters Now).
- Judicial Advocate Award – for creative sentencing and unique programs which deter violent crime, The National Organization of Parents Of Murdered Children Inc. Metro Detroit Chapter.
- Michigan State Safety Commission, Safety Award – Group Category for CATCH (Courts Acting Together for the Community at the Holidays), State of Michigan.
- Certificate of Appreciation for work to stop domestic violence, Domestic Violence Committee State Bar of Michigan.
- Community Enrichment Award – Domestic Violence Program, AAUW (American Association of University Women) .
- Tribute – Commitment to end Domestic Violence, HAVEN (Help Against Violent Encounters Now).
- First Annual Domestic Violence and Treatment Award – for efforts to end Domestic Violence, State of Michigan, Department of Social Services.